Sunday, March 02, 2008

Business Meeting

The church had it's annual business meeting after service today ... one word ... BORING! I know I'm not supposed to be negative on the good ol' blog, but oh my gosh! Thank you GCC for never having one of those.

On the bright side, our board members are the coolest of the cool. I'm looking forward to getting to know them more in the coming days. Plus, I serve a great church and senior pastor. However, even their coolness and the fact that this is a great church couldn't help that meeting.

I have VERY mixed emotions on the church members electing new board members I might add. You get the wrong one in there and OUCHY mama. Fortunately that's not going to be a problem for us this go around. While I understand the "why" behind the "what," I'm not diggin' the whole process. GCC I now know why you do what you do even more so than ever before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the boredom of the business meeting. I once introduced a new topic at a board meeting, only to discover that we were still discussing the budget. Oops! Nothing like making it really apparent that you weren't paying attention to the financial discussion. LOL.

I only comprehend business as it relates to people, not numbers.