Saturday, March 08, 2008

Stuck in the Middle Conference

Just finished up my leader breakout sessions at the Stuck in the Middle student conference in Kansas City. It was on "Redefining Success in Middle School Small Groups" I loved it, loved it, loved it and got a great response.

The Stuck conference is being put on by my good friend, Sean Meade. Sean and I got to know each other at the Summit a couple of years ago. He's doing an amazing job of creating a middle school conference that is both fun and spiritually engaging. The theme is the "The Story". I'm so looking forward to hearing Sean speak tonight.

I give five start ratings to...

***** Jason Raitz spoke for the first two general sessions. I met Jason at the Summit as well and have been looking forward to hearing him speak. He is an AMAZING storyteller and connected with the students.

***** Joe Castillo did this SAND ART stuff that rocked my world. Seriously, it was an art form that held the students captive and, most importantly, was all about telling the creation story of God.

***** Steven Jacobs (aka Jake the Science Guy) works for Discovery Network. Among other cool things, he blew up a balloon with some funky gases in it and created a explosion you could hear and feel in your chest. He tied all of his experiments to a teaching on the Holy Spirit, which was AWESOME.

The uniqueness of Jason with his storytelling, Joe with his sand art and Jake's display of crazy science experiments turned the head of this, somewhat jaded, conference goer.

No comments: