Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts on Master's Commission Atlanta

Just came out of a missions team meeting for Back2Back in Mexico. We had an incredible time learning all about Back2Back (I made them read the booklet in groups of 3-4 and act out a couple of skits - the human soccerball and lice ones were particularly funny), diving into Lesson 1 of the devo and just laughing hystarically at Bacari translating it all into street language. I came away thinking how much I love this intern'ish like program we run for nearly 90 students. If fact, I think it's just about one of the coolest thing on earth ... but at the same time, ever so messy ... messy ... messy. It's a pretty ginormous undertaking, even at its finest. When you live up close to so many people, eventually who people "really are" surfaces. And when they surface, we have the oportunity to embrace, encourage, confront, correct and redirect, and all that good stuff. However, if you're not up for the Master's Level Course in Relationship Building 501, I don't suggest it. But, if you are, I don't think there is anything more rewarding. Some of our future business leaders, senior pastors and youth pastors are in our midst. I'm pretty much sold on the program.

No comments: