Tuesday, March 25, 2008

People I'd Like to Meet ... Chet Cadieux










Chet Cadieux is the CEO of QuikTrip. I never even heard of him until today when I looked QT up on the internet, but he must have it going on. Every QuikTrip I go to here in Atlanta is packed out. The one by our church, in particular, is even busy at 3 a.m. The pumps are full, the parking spots are taken and the store always has people scurrying around in it. It can't just be that they have cheap fountain drinks that sets them apart. I do know their cashiers are lighting fast ... never seen anything like it ... ever! It's kind of funny though, they talk at the same rate of speed in which they cashier. I wonder if a pre-requisite for working there is that you have to drink a 64 oz Energy Drink before you go on duty. Nonetheless, I would love to interview the guy.

Fun QT facts:
1. They aren't all across the country ... yet.
2. They earned 5.86 billion in revenue in 2004, wonder what 2008 has in store?
3. They are listed in Fortune 500 as one of the 100 Best Companies To Work For
4. Their core values are...
... Be the Best
... Focus Long Term
... Do What's Right for QT
... Never Be Satisfied
... Do the Right Thing

2 comments:

Rhonda Redman said...

It's nice to see their values include embracing equality. ;o)

Has nondiscrimination policy that includes sexual orientation? Yes (source: CNN Money.com)

It's hard to not succeed when you treat people with respect and always try to do what's right.

I'd like to see that interview. It's always interesting to watch the accountant side of your brain meld with the youth leader side of your brain. Practical and abstract thinking joining together. I can appreciate that.

Missed you when you were home but we've been thinking about ya. (((hug)))

Bridget said...

Hey Judy. I was good to see you on Sunday.