Sunday, March 09, 2008

It Felt Good To Come Up For Air

I just got back into town from Kansas City. Josh Mayo and I kicked back in the airport and talked middle school ministry, then Mike and I went to dinner and dreamed ministry God-size dreams.

This weekend, while I did some ministry stuff, it felt like I hit the pause button and took time to breathe. Words cannot even describe how busy life has been over the last eight weeks. I know when I hear myself say out loud, "I have to slow this thing down," I'm too busy. But this weekend, other than the two leader breakout sessions I did, I got to chill on the sidelines. I was able to laugh at the skitiots, stand in awe of the sand art guy, be wowed by the science guy, be a proud friend watching my pals do their thing on stage with excellence, and take advantage of my pathway to Jesus by entering into worship.

Sometimes, I forget how healthly it is to take a break now and then. It was good for my soul.

1 comment:

Terrace Crawford said...

Amen Judy. Well said. I have this revelation everytime I go on vacation. It takes me two days (at least) to unplug physically and mentally. That is cah-razy!

I'm glad you were refreshed.