Monday, March 10, 2008

Ten Secret Needs A Student Will Never Tell You They Have

1. I need to FEEL like you really WANT TO BE WITH ME.
2. I need ENCOURAGEMENT, probably more than I care to admit.
3. I need you to REMEMBER my name. It's my most valuable possession.
4. I need you to ask me about my HOPES, DREAMS, FAMILY AND LIFE.
5. I need SPRINKLINGS of WISDOM, but not too much. We are all educated way beyond our level of obedience.
6. I need you to CHALLENGE me to stay in the game.
7. When I mess up, I need you to not ABANDON me.
8. I need you to INVITE me to be a part of YOUR life.
9. I need you NOT to always have an AGENDA.
10. I need you to give me appropriate HUGS and tell me that you LOVE me ... A LOT!

4 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

True statements!

We've been focusing the last few weeks on creating an environment where these things are so evident, students will feel they can share these things...even if they don't.

amberWIRE said...

YES! I think this applies to A LOT more than just students!
Miss you heaps!

Phil said...

Wow. I've got a LOT of work to do. Thanks!

Terrace Crawford said...

Thats goodness right there.