Saturday, March 01, 2008

First Four and Many More to Come

When I was at Granger, my heart's desire was to create kickin' cool small group DVD curriculum complete with a 5-7 minute video intro, 5-7 minute video closing, discussion questions, graphics, postcards, etc. Unfortunately there was never time (although compared to my schedule now, I had all the time in the world).


When I came down to Atlanta, I pitched the idea to Jeanne and she had buy-in. So, we took the perfect script, her Uncensored book, and started making DVD curriculum. The first four (each with two videos a piece) came out for the Group Conference in Cinncinati. Honestly, while I'd give the material used for the DVD's an "A+++" rating, I'd only give the DVD's a "B" rating. But, as I told the guys, we're out of the gate. We'll take the next four a level higher with the simple use of a tri-pod, another camera and a little more editng time (with a gazillion things going on around here, we shot, edited and produced the eight videos in two weeks). In fact, Sterling is on his way to pick up a new camera for us now.


We showed a couple of the videos in Jeanne's workshop and they had buy-in too. We sold 140 videos. Evidently we hit a felt need. Below is the DVD cover all jacked up. For some reason instead of the vibrant black and red colors, it imported into my blog gray and blue ... go figure. I'm not a photoshop wizard to know how to fix it.


2 comments:

DC Curry said...

I love it! Great idea Judy and I know these are going to help tons of students AND leaders.

The book's awesome too, I've used some one-liners from it too!

Keep it up.

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I think this is a huge need in student ministry. I look forward to checking it out. Follow hard!