Thursday, March 20, 2008

Myspace And Facebook Tell All

Mark Beeson made a fantastic post entitled "Live Smart Young Friend! People Are Watching Us..." here. Thinking about it made me laugh out loud just a few moments ago. I'm looking over some resumes for a friend of mine in Indiana. So, I took the person's name applying for a position and ran a search on myspace. The first one I found shows the guy applying for the position flipping off the camera. Let's see ... I think we can toss that one ... don't ya think?

6 comments:

Rhonda Redman said...

As the owner of a couple of websites, I have seen all of my sites showing keyword hits based on my name. Pretty freaky knowing that someone is checking you out. LOL.

People don't realize what impact anything put online can have. My personal philosophy is that I never put anything online that I wouldn't want my kids to see or read. I guess it would be wise to consider a future emplyer also. ;o)

It's really pretty interesting to run searches on people you know. Ya just never know what you might find. Since my brother is way to busy to bother keeping in touch, it's also a great way to keep up on his life. Sad, but true.

Rhonda Redman said...

BTW - Thanks for sharing Mark's post. Good advice for sure! Take a shower.......LOL. I'll have to remember that line.

tdl said...

And it's pretty cool that I can find good friends on the web this way! How are you doing? Looks like you're thriving - and that's great.

TL

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Yea, they sure do tell all.

Rhonda Redman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda Redman said...

Ooh and one more thing, blogs tell a whole lot too. While you're busy working your tail off, I was shaking hands with a President. Check it out!:o)

http://www.progressivessouthbend.org/2008/03/dyngus-daysolidarity-day-photo-gallery.html